First shot is a missing - coaching point for this drill. Options will give players practice from many situations to get a rebound.
Form three lines under a basket. Place a rebounding device over the basket to keep the ball from being scored. This will reinforce that the first shot is a miss. Players in front of each line will contest for the rebound. In all situations if the ball hits the floor the three player group will sprint to the other end of the court and back.
The shooter will shoot the ball with the first player in line go for the rebound.
Options: Place the player farther under the basket after each rotation.
1. touch the wall with a hand
2. touch the wall with their butt
3. start in a push up position
4. start with each player on their back
1. players not getting the rebound run, push ups, etc.
2. have bracket play with a winner
3. have players who are off the bracket choose who will get the rebound. If they choose wrong they run. (What your teammated does affact you!)
Three and up
1. Reinforce that fact the rebounding wins championships.
2. First shot is a miss.
3. Hustle is the main factor in rebounding.
4. Start the winner of the bracket in the next game.
1. Must jump to obtain the ball for the rebound to count.
2. Must catch the ball above their head for the rebound to count.
3. Must pivot after they obtain the ball.
4. Must fake an outlet pass for the rebound to count.
5. Must place a acceptable outlet pass for the rebound to count.
6. Must make a pressure release dribble for the rebound to count.
This basketball drill is copyright © 2017 BasketballCoach.com a subsidiary of Championship Productions, Inc.