View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

FlexOff
Dave Paulsen's Motion
May 29, 2007 04:22PM
Can anyone tell me anything about Dave Paulsen's Motion video? What are the concepts? Is any good? How does it compare to other motion tapes? Structured or Pure Motion? Thanks!
CoachLopez
Re: Dave Paulsen's Motion
May 29, 2007 05:20PM
I have it. It's not as structred as Dennis Felton or Bill Self (which I like alot more). It's more of Pure Motion.......for example, when some drives there are option for the other players to do. If you;re looking for pure motion, you might take a look at it. I wish he would give some breakdown drills to go along with the DVD. Its not great, but not bad either. It's been a while since I watched it.
FlexOff
May 29, 2007 06:45PM
Thanks for the Coach Lopez. I appreciate the insight. I'm truly a Flex coach, as you can tell by the name. Always looking for a wrinkle or addition.
CoachSW
May 29, 2007 11:03PM
Hi FlexOff,

Could you recommend one or two best Flex videos? Do you really enjoy teaching Flex offense?
Thanks in advance.

SW
Coach T
May 30, 2007 04:20PM
I ran flex for about 5 years. I had Gary Righter (not sure if I spelled it right) flex book. Very good. Written about 1983 or so. I also had Dickey from Santa Clara. Very good also.
brob
May 30, 2007 08:59PM
I've seen the video a number of times and have even incorporated some of his ideas in my offense. I will tell you this, if you have guards that can penetrate just a bit and you have 3 point shooters then you have to see what he does. His Crackback and Loop philosophy works real well, you will get great shots without having to screen a lot. The offense is predicated on dribble and kick but not so much kick out as other ideas. Also has the bigs working without the ball, and are rarely stationary. He's been a real successful coach at Williams and typically is at the top in DIII in three point shooting. I've seen some of his breakdown drills very simple but effective.
FlexOff
June 07, 2007 11:51PM
CoachSW,

My favorite 2 flex tapes are Gary Williams Flex and a small Division 3 coach named Bob Schlosser. He's the head coach of Elizabethtown College in PA. I love his tape, because we don't run a traditional flex offense. We run the baseline screen, but instead of down screening, we just make the guard to guard pass, and fade to the wing. The baseline screener flashes up to the guard spot. I like this better, because it opens the floor up for backdoors and penetration. I love teaching flex for one simple reason, Player Development. Most high school teams are playing with forwards that are 6'3-6'5, these are guards. By allowing a full exchange, the players get to play inside and outside. My goal is to have them develop those guard skills by senior year. Many people find the flex predictable and stale, but its about the options you incorporate. We use backdoors, wing passes with cut throughs, post feed and dives. Each pass triggers something else. Plus, all my guys run the same drills. So they all get to learn triple-threat, 1 on 1 moves, dribble moves, post and perimeter shooting. The simplicity of the pattern allows me to teach the players how to play, which is important. I believe in the philosophy of "Simple System-Complex Players."

I hope that's enough info for you. Any other help I can give you, feel free to ask.
coachlam24
March 20, 2011 11:22PM
I can't seem to find Schlosser's tape anywhere.....where can I get it?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 18?
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | info@BasketballCoach.com