View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

coachmlh
coaching interview
June 03, 2009 05:47PM
I have been asked to potentially become a varsity assistant and I will be meeting with the varsity coach in the next few weeks and I dont want to look like I am assuming that the job is mine so I want to be prepared. So I need some help.

1. I prepared a coaching resume but I wanted to know what a sample one looked like as I just made mine off the top of my head so if anyone could email me your coaching resume that would be really apperciated so I have something to go off of.

2. Also what type of questions are usally asked at these type of interviews.

coachmlhill@hotmail.com
Wayne Walters
Re: coaching interview
June 03, 2009 06:03PM
Coach,

Here are some sample questions based on about fifty interviews that I have been a part of on both sides of the desk. These will help you to prepare for the interview by putting into words your experiences and beliefs in a concise manner. Try to limit your response to a few sentences. If you need to practice, write them out ... edit as needed ... have someone ask you the questions in random order without notes. Keep in mind that you do not want to sound stiff but natural so you do not need to answer word for word like a script.

1. Why do you feel that you are the best person for this job?
2. What qualities would you look for if you were hiring an assistant?
3. What is your overall basketball philosophy and its role in the educational setting?
4. What would you try to teach your players besides basketball? How would you do that?
5. What are your strengths and weaknesses as a coach?
6. What is the role of an assistant coach in building a program?
7. How would you deal with a player that complained about the head coach or the program?
8. What are three things that your previous experience in coaching have taught you?
9. What person and or event has had the most influence on you life? Why?
10. How has coaching affected your life?
11. What do you know about our basketball program?
12. What are your coaching goals? Where do you hope to be in 5, 10, 15 years?
13. Who are your role models in coaching and why?
14. What are your best and worst memories in coaching?

I hope these sample questions help you prepare and best of luck on your interview. Have a blessed day! Keep me posted.

Wayne Walters
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 19?
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | info@BasketballCoach.com