View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

Coach M
A TRUE MOTION OFFENSE
September 04, 2007 01:54AM
A couple of coaches and I were debating about TRUE MOTION OFFENSES...
My opinion is: that the PRINCETON OFFENSE is the only true MOTION offense that I know were all 5 players are constantly moving and with little screening... Even the ball handlers are moving and looking for the back door cut pass... Does any one else have suggestions for a True Motion Offense... (with all 5 players moving and not just waiting on screens)?
coachLSU
Re: A TRUE MOTION OFFENSE
September 04, 2007 03:59AM
i do, i am writing a book of my system and when i finish it i can send it to you. We ran a 5 out motion and can be run with a lot of cutting or a lot of screening. We always emphasized cutting early because we felt players use screening as an excuse for not cutting hard so the screen wouldn't be executed as a scoring movement. All screens set are used for scoring options, not just to fill. We can fill with a V cut instead.
SilveradoFrosh
September 19, 2007 01:57AM
I would love to look at your book as well Coach. Please let me know where I can pick this up.
coachLSU
September 19, 2007 02:35AM
thanks for the interest... it has really been slowed with the season coming. I haven't had too much time lately to work on it and i started with defense first, so the half court stuff is really behind. Most of my diagrams have been made so i could maybe put something together in the near future. i will keep yall posted. thanks again.
jerseyshorehoops
September 21, 2007 02:41PM
I have studied plenty of "motion offenses" and this is my opinion. What makes an offense a motion I believe is based on two prociples. One, it is difficult to scout as on any given possession, there are multiple things can happen. Therefore, every possession can be different. Second, the player has the ability to make reads to help the offense flow. Princeton does run a true motion offense. However, there are other offenses that do allow less reads. For instance, we run the 3 out, 2 in Motion run by Bill Self. There are less reads based on where the point guard goers after the intial pass. I have tried the Princeton Offense, but in NJ, we cannot have any contact on the floor with our players in the fall or spring. This prevents us from running this offense.

If you have the time to put it in and the personnel, I would run princeton. Just a thought
Bruno Chu
September 21, 2007 10:19PM
I was always under the impression that any offense that has continuity is a motion offense.

In other words, any offense that has motion that can be looped, or run again and again is a motion offense. So the Princeton 5-out motion, or Flex motion, or Swing motion, etc...

---------
[coachingbball.proboards106.com]
[coachingbetterbball.blogspot.com]
Coach M
September 24, 2007 03:29AM
True... But in my opinion, when I think of a motion offense I want constant moving with all (5) players example: The Princeton Offense... constant motion and moving that can be continuity and turned over and over and over... I think I am going to stick with the Princeton and look at the Dribble Drive Motion by Walberg... I went to the Adidas Clinic and really loved that offense...
Jeff12650
February 15, 2008 01:41AM
Coach M Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> True... But in my opinion, when I think of a
> motion offense I want constant moving with all (5)
> players example: The Princeton Offense... constant
> motion and moving that can be continuity and
> turned over and over and over... I think I am
> going to stick with the Princeton and look at the
> Dribble Drive Motion by Walberg... I went to the
> Adidas Clinic and really loved that offense...
Jeff12650
February 15, 2008 01:42AM
Does anyone know where I can find a DVD or even book about the Dribble Drive Motion offense?
anonsccoach
February 15, 2008 03:12AM
Jeff12650 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know where I can find a DVD or even
> book about the Dribble Drive Motion offense?
sysko.com ... Herb Welling videos.
CCAIII
February 15, 2008 07:12AM
Blitz Basketball is similar to the Dribble Drive Motion but is more based on what Duke tends to do. The book is available here: [www.lulu.com]
JMC123
February 20, 2008 03:09AM
Go to www.coachsilver.com. Duane Silver has has great material in simplified books. I bought his Memphis 4 Out and also his other 4 Out 1 In books and they are true dribble drive and kick. Good stuff
matt stairs
February 29, 2008 04:06AM
Did you finish that book? I would love to see it.
CoachSW
February 29, 2008 05:43AM
What's the name of the Memphis 4 Out and his other 4 Out 1 In books?
Coach Pester
February 29, 2008 05:08PM
Memphis calls his 4 out offense the Dribble Drive Motion. Also known as the AASAA offense (attack,attack,skip,attack,attack).

Is there any information released on this as far as books or videos go?
CoachSW
March 01, 2008 12:32AM
Hi JMC123 and Flexoff,

Could you tell me what the name of Duane Silver's books-Memphis 4 out offense and his other 4 out 1 in offense? Thanks in advance.

CoachSW
JMC123
March 01, 2008 04:53AM
See [www.coachsilver.com] and send him an e-mail. I bought almost every book he has. They are extremely reasonably priced and they came very quicly through the mail. One of his books is called "Two 4-Out 1-In Offenses featuring "Drive & Kick" and the other one is called the Memphis Style 4-Out Offense.
CoachSW
March 01, 2008 06:24AM
Thanks for the help but I still couldn't find the Memphis Style 4-Out Offense on his web site. Could you tell me the exact name of it? Thanks for your help again.
BCCoach
April 07, 2008 07:30PM
Coach, I would be very interested in your motion offense book. Let me know when it is available, please.
I coach at a small college and often don't have a big but have several guard/small forwards and I think this offense could be very effective for me.
Thanks alot!
Riggs
December 03, 2012 04:53PM
The main thing you have to remember with AASAA is that you have to have the right personel. You will find some descriptions suggest 4 Steve Nash type players with 1 Strong big man. Not many teams are built like this. The college teams that run it have Blue Chip Big men who are so smooth they probably handle the ball a awful lot in AAU and HS , so to put the ball on the floor beyond the foul line is nothing new to them. In my opinion if you do not incorporate AASAA game type situations in your drills this offense will not work.

Example: The ideal finish to a AASAA play is a layup. But if the ball is stopped in the paint the baseline cutter is the next option. Thats not a easy shot. Full speed on the baseline without a dribble in traffic is tough to finish. If theres to much traffic you want the cutter to stop short and pull up. Again, full speed no dribble its still a hard shot. I make sure my kids practice both finishes at every practice extensively because its the end result we are looking for so why not practice the exact finish that you know will happen if the play is executed. You should even practice the kickouts a lot because chances are if your running this offense for the first time your kids are not use to recieving the ball from the paint . Always send a closeout defender to get them used to that as well.
Riggs
December 03, 2012 04:58PM
But AASAA is not a true motion offense. The first thing you want to happen is your point guard to beat his defender to the basket without anyone moving untill the ball hits the paint or the foul line . I would think a true motion offense uses motion in order to attack. AASAA uses attack first and motion for the second or third option.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 19?
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | [email protected]