View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

Carbs
Re: Bo Ryan Swing Offense
October 23, 2008 12:06PM
Coach H - Im thinking of running the Swing this season. I'd greatly appreciate any info. you could send my way. Thanks a lot. My email is:
mmclean@tbcdsb.on.ca
baldguy
December 08, 2008 01:28PM
Coach,

I would also appreciate any Swing drills you could send me: dsapiro@milwaukeelutheranhs.org

Thanks!
Dave
Dlacy
December 08, 2008 05:26PM
Coach,

I would also appreciate any Swing drills you could send me: dlacy@centralmethodist.edu

I coach a summer AAU team going on my third year. I have had excellent luck with Bob Spears Shuffle Offense but would like to take a look at the swing.
JojoW
December 10, 2008 07:47PM
Coach H, I was wondering if you could possibly email me the drills and quick hitters. Thanks. My email is Duneland73@hotmail.com
Wayne Walters
December 13, 2008 03:36PM
If you run the Swing, have counters ready for people stunting on the initial shuffle cut.
Coachp28
December 13, 2008 10:37PM
Coaches,

I have a ton of Bo Ryan stuff that you can use if you want it. I ran the Swing offense for a year and liked some aspects of it. I had a lot of counters that we build into the offense.

Coach Peterman

www.mensbasketballhoopscoop.blogspot.com
Greg Ro
December 21, 2008 09:59PM
Could you please send me the drills as well
Celtic-Joe
January 11, 2009 08:59AM
There was a question earlier about what to do when teams switch screens on you...one is run slip screens...the other is not to screen but cut and pop out.
coachj444
January 11, 2009 10:07AM
If they switch on screens our rule is ALWAYS that the screener turns, seals and comes straight back to the ball, or to the basket on the upscreen. They can't switch anymore if you do this consistently or they will always be giving up an easy look (especially on the upscreen because it will result in a lay up all day)
Wayne Walters
January 11, 2009 10:43AM
For 12 years of coaching, I was 100% in your corner but I had a chance to work with a coach that taught "hard" screening and I
have expanded on his incite to four techniques that IMO negate that strategy so I now very respectfully disagree. In short, if the
player being screened gets around then the screener coming back is negated. Like most things if you practice it enough it can be done. We call these "Avoid Contact Techniques" and they work on being screened, boxed out or if you are being jammed as a cutter.
EricJ
January 11, 2009 03:19PM
Conventional approaches against switching defences are a) the screener slips, b) screen your own man, c) set little-big screens, d) the cutter back-cuts or tight curls. Bob Huggins will have the screener slip or the cutter makes a switch cut, curling around the screen then screening for the screener, who curls. (Jamie Dixon also uses "curl and screen" but in a different situation when the first screener is a shooter. The first screener slips against a switch.)
Wayne Walters
January 11, 2009 09:01PM
I can only speak from my HS/ JC experience and we were able to counter those strategies as I understand it, the re screen is just as tough to defend without switching. Maybe teams were not skilled at it. I know that I was traditional for many years.

I also know that if you do not see switching all the time you may not react as quickly. I have played both in the same game with
my veteran teams.
coachscott
January 25, 2009 05:36AM
I love the swing offense and will probably be implementing it next season with my varsity girls team. I would really appreciate any notes you have coach H or anyone. My email is directorscott@hotmail.com

Im also running a complimentary zone offense recomended by Bo. Not sure how it will work out yet but it looks pretty good. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Coachscott
Jared Rhodes
August 18, 2009 10:57PM
Coach H, I want to run the swing offense next season. I would really appreciate you sending any/all notes you have on it to jared_somebody@yahoo.com.....thanks coach
Daniel Cook
October 28, 2009 10:20AM
Coach H,

Can you send me what you have on the Swing offense?? Thank you.

daniel_cook@ecboe.org
Anonymous9165
January 04, 2010 12:37PM
I'm trying to learn and teach the swing offense if anyone has info please email me at masmith210@msn.com
Coachp28
January 04, 2010 03:03PM
Coaches,

I have a ton of Bo Ryan Swing Offense stuff at my blog:

mensbasketballhoopscoop.blogspot.com

email me and i will help you out:

mensbasketballhoopscoop@gmail.com

Coach Peterman
Player
January 09, 2010 02:18PM
Any Coach who has some info on the swing offense, I would really enjoying having it.
Please email me at tigergg1234@yahoo.com
Bardlay Bear
January 14, 2010 04:32AM
Coach H,

I would also love a copy of the quick hitters and whatever else you have. I have used the Swing off and on for the past 4 years. I mostly implement a 5 out #'d cuts offense, like Villanova.

But our Swing has been effective in small doses.
TM
March 16, 2010 10:21AM
Coach H,
I would love all that you would be willing to share.
Traym@Westminster.net
Coach Mac
October 26, 2010 08:42PM
Going to try this with my 8th grade boys this year. Would love to see drills and quickhitters
Coach Gent
December 29, 2010 05:38AM
Please send me the drills as well. brkdvl@aol.com
Ed Schreiber
December 29, 2010 07:21PM
Please send me the drills as well: teachr19@yahoo.com
Coach N
March 03, 2011 11:49AM
I am thinking about putting this offense in. I would also like to have some drills for this offense emailed to me if possible.

Thanks
Joey V
March 09, 2011 05:05PM
please email me the same info on the BO RYAN offense. thanks in advance! dabluprint22@gmail.com
Coach H2
April 17, 2011 08:56PM
I am going to use this offense. Please forward me the email as well.

Thanks so much

mandylou_appstate@yahoo.com
SOCCoach
April 25, 2011 08:42AM
Is it too late to get a copy of your material on the SWING offense?

thanks
Terry Ray
April 28, 2011 12:59AM
I also wanted to know if i could get a copy of the SWING offense material. I was hoping to run it this upcoming season. Thanks.

starromand.pat@gmail.com
Coachday
September 20, 2011 08:35PM
If it isn't to late I would really like to see some of the drills that help to implement the swing offense. Email please daniel.day@Leslie.kyschools.us
JeffBParker
December 19, 2011 08:07AM
Coach,

Please send me anything you have on Bo Ryan's Swing and X offense.

Thanks!
Jeff Parker
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 18?
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | info@BasketballCoach.com