View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

Anonymous User
Shuffle Offense?
June 12, 2008 01:44AM
I heard Dean Smith used to run the "Shuffle" offense before he had anybody with legitimate size at UNC. Does anyone run the shuffle anymore? Are there any videos?

It seems like some of the triangle alignments and movements resemble the shuffle. Does anyone know enough about these offenses to compare/contrast them for me?
krjayhawk
Re: Shuffle Offense?
June 12, 2008 02:08AM
Coach,

Try out this site. It details the basic movement and options of the shuffle offense.

[www.coachesclipboard.net]
Anonymous User
June 12, 2008 09:49AM
I really like that information. I have seen the Xs and Os of the offense. And even used it at the H.S. level. However, I would really like to watch someone else teach it, so I can gain some of the little points of emphasis that others have found to be important. I will have to get Dean Smith's book. The site you gave says he has a chapter in it on the shuffle. Do you know of any teams that currently run the shuffle? or videos that show these points of emphasis, and the timing of the cuts?

I used a variation of the shuffle that keeps the post coming back to the ball in the mid-post area, and rotates the other 4 guys around. I had a 7 footer, and nobody else over 6-3 on a high school team. Now I have a small college team, and I don't have anyone over 6-4 at all. So I wanted to go back to something that has been used effectively with teams that don't have any size.
Wayne Walters
September 07, 2008 07:37PM
I have about six. Please contact me and a little about your team or and/philosophy.

Wayne Walters

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2008 08:40AM by nate.landas.
Larry Dean Jackson
September 22, 2008 07:34PM
Visit www.coach-jackson.com for Shuffle information.
Bill Heath
January 21, 2010 11:40AM
I would like to run the shuffle at the high school level. A few years ago I ran a variation of the shuffle and would like to run it with girls next year.
wheath@columbiaschools.org
coachaau
January 23, 2010 11:22PM
Dean Smiths book is very detailed and there are actually 2 chapters about the shuffle one by him and one by his coach at air force that taught him thr shuffle. If you can combine the shuffle and the triangle offense I think it can be very effective. My team basically runs the shuffle and we score off the triangle offense action since it is the same alignments. So my thoughts would be to again run the shuffle for continunity and run the triangle offense for scoring options and looking for mismatches.
nate.landas
February 04, 2010 09:06AM
Coaches,

Dean Smith also has produced a DVD recently on the Shuffle Offense that has been a customer favorite:

Dean Smith: Teaching the Shuffle Offense
bassp
March 26, 2010 01:29PM
I run one and ussally we get a score on the 3rd or 4th shuffle cut e-mail me at paul.bass@edmondschools.net
Thom
March 30, 2010 12:14PM
Coach, Here is the shuffle offense video we did with Dean Smith:

BD-03161 Dean Smith: Teaching the Shuffle Offense
Dean Smith
with Dean Smith,
legendary University of North Carolina head coach;
879 career wins; 2X NCAA Championship Coach;
4X National Coach of the Year; Basketball Hall of Fame ('83)
Known for his innovation, Coach Smith's Shuffle Offense remains one of the game's offensive gems. Smith begins with basic position, cuts and spacing on the... more ยป
Price: $44.99

Thom McDonald
Basketball Coaching Director
Championship Productions, Inc.
BasketballCoach.com
thom.mcdonald@championshipproductions.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 10:12AM by administrator.
klindsay
September 26, 2011 01:34PM
Do you have any notes on that?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 12?
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | info@BasketballCoach.com