View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

anonsccoach
Mover/Blocker
June 17, 2008 03:03AM
I see that a new version of Dick Bennett's mover/blocker motion offense has been released. I have always been curious about this offense because it sounds like you can simply adjust it to any type of line-up that you may have. Has anyone around here ever run this? I know that it has been around for a while.
edthomas
Re: Mover/Blocker
June 18, 2008 05:06AM
I have run this offense before and it takes a lot of patience at first, but like any other motion offense it is as effective as the guys executing it. The nice thing about B/M is that you always know who is supposed to set/recieve a screen. I use a little more structure than Coach Bennett but keep the same principles. For example in a 4 out 1 in motion set if the Blocker is high he down screens, if the blocker is at the wing he sets a flare screen for the guard. It looks unpredictable to the defense.
CoachC
January 30, 2009 11:29PM
I watch Washington State alot and I'm sure it takes alot of patience. But I do also like the fact that you know who the screeners and cutters are. You can adjust it to your talent. For example, if you have allot of good perimeter players and one good post players you can run top/bottom set, if you have two good post players you can run lane/lane set. There are four basic sets. The name of the set designates where the screeners are set.
schoeny
December 09, 2009 06:07PM
need info on mover blocker ofense vs zone defense
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 20?
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | [email protected]