View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

Coachgreen
UCLA High Post Offense
July 06, 2010 05:58PM
As a high school and college player in the early 90's, the teams I played for had a lot off success with the high post offense. I am thinking about putting it in as a coach. Do you think it will work in todays game. What are the pros and cons to this offense. I know the offense and the drills that go with it very well, but I have never run it as a coach.
anonsccoach
Re: UCLA High Post Offense
July 08, 2010 06:36AM
This is a question that many people ask about a lot of different offenses. My personal opinion is that any solid offense will work in yesterday's, today's, and tomorrow's game provided that you have two things in place:

1. The offense is fitting of your personnel (size, speed, and ability)

2. You are able to execute the offense efficiently and know how to score out of it.

I am sure someone else will have something else to add, but that is really all that it comes down to as far as I am concerned.
Coachgreen
July 09, 2010 01:30PM
Thank you. I think the offense fits our personnel. We don't have shot creators, but we have a lot of shooters and pretty decent post players.
WAyne Walters
July 10, 2010 11:49AM
I have a simple version if any coaches are interested just post a contact e-mail or contact directly.

Wayne Walters
JRobinson
November 18, 2010 01:34PM
What is your email? I would love to get some info you offense.
WAyne Walters
November 18, 2010 05:04PM
Wayne Walters AKA Dr. D
swarmenterprises@comcast.net
www.swamenterprises.com
717-475-3934
Mr. Pershing
May 12, 2011 02:09PM
Would like to know more about the simple version of the hig post offense.
Thanks
WAyne Walters
May 12, 2011 03:39PM
Please contact me.

Wayne Walters
coach j
December 05, 2011 12:36PM
wayne,

i would love to receive the information you have on this offense...thanks in advance.
email: orbasketballcoach@gmail.com

coach j
Rosey
February 04, 2012 04:19PM
Would appreciate an email with some tips on the offense. Thanks!
WAyne Walters
February 05, 2012 08:11AM
Please leave a contact e-mail and I will send diagrams.

Wayne Walters
Keith Sullivan
March 23, 2012 09:35AM
Saw this old post and would love to have info on simple version of the high post offense.
WAyne Walters
March 23, 2012 10:28AM
Keith,

I will send to your contact e-mail once you post it.

Wayne Walters
Ted Anderson
April 20, 2012 01:17PM
UCLA is a great offense but you need to implement it throughout your entire program and you need to do specific breakdown drills like working forward on the duck in etc.

You can get a pretty quick shot on each possession, and it's a 5 player offense in the sense that everyone has pretty equal chance to score.

I am a secondary break guy and you have to switch gears to get into it out of secondary
coach mclemore
June 06, 2012 07:57PM
I would love to have the diagram to the UCLA offense

coachmclemore3@gmail.com
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 18?
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | info@BasketballCoach.com