View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

rjr33
Shooting
August 07, 2008 12:11PM
Who do you think teaches shooting form the best and WHY?
krjayhawk
Re: Shooting
August 08, 2008 11:39AM
I really Like the films produced by Ganon Baker. He starts with simplicity (form, technique, building blocks etc.) and progresses to an intense approach to shooting development that replicates game situations better than any other stuff I have seen.
rjr33
August 16, 2008 08:29AM
Does anyone use the "Gun" in practice? If so, how do YOU implement it in practice. I've seen it used before school and on let's say Sat. practices but who uses it in everyday practice and how (please give a description)?
d brown
August 31, 2008 10:53PM
coach-i am a skill coach who works with high school players. i puchased the GUN 6000 for my outfit this year and have been using it for about 5 months now. I use it 3-4 X per wk with my players. Although using 1X per week will not give you much bang for the buck, I'm not convinced that daily use is good either unless you have the time to closely monitor your players daily.

That is the key. YOU (or another coach) MUST MONITOR your players while they shoot on this device. The reason being that bad shooting mechanics will be ingrained at a much faster rate, making much harder to correct later.

I recommend that you get in touch with the good people Lone Star Academy, in Ft. Wort, TX. They give me the 411 on how to implement the GUN.

The best piece of advice they gave me was to limits the player's reps on the machine initially and build progressively over many weeks. But must also watch for fatigue in the players shoulders and have them stretch these muscles after shooting sessions. Also, as long as their mechanics are sound, increase the rate at which the GUN passes the ball to increase intensity. You should also use the setting where the machine move after each shot requiring the player to shoot of the move. I have found the sets of 10-25 reps with a rest interval work best. The higher the intensity of the work the lower the reps per set. You must keep quality high!

In all, I think it is a great device. But it is not a toy. And it should not be used for players to mindlessly shoot thousands of reps without guidance.
Anonymous User
October 14, 2008 08:43PM
Coach Dave Guinane from the Detroit area is the best shooting coach in the country. He teaches thousands of kids every year and is the only person I know who knows the perfect form and how to teach it. Check him out, Type The Basketball Workshop in on google and it will be the first site. Also check the sig. for a video
coachj444
October 14, 2008 10:05PM
DAVE HOPLA...best I've ever seen. I use his teaching techniques and terminology when I work w/my players
Anonymous User
January 17, 2009 12:14PM
Jimmy Clayton of Sports City U. is the best. Can't imagine any better teacher than him.
rjr33
April 19, 2009 06:21PM
I think dick baumgartner in IN is the best shooting coach their is.
SwishCoach
July 04, 2009 05:18PM
I vote for Tom Norland with his Swish method.

I've been using it for a couple of years and it's a coaches method. It keeps a very good balance between the 'hard' skills (Fysics) and the 'soft skills' (State of mind) and the way you should apply it on your players.
scuhoops
September 01, 2009 05:10PM
Jim Clayton is the best, nba teams, nike, mj. everybody man
BrettMorrow776
September 29, 2009 11:59AM
Marvin Harvey in Tampa,fl

www.shooterstouchacademy.com
nikehoops
October 06, 2009 08:30AM
Jim Clayton out of WV is the best i have ever seen...
Coach Daye
October 07, 2009 07:11PM
Dave Smart . . . Carleton University . . . hands down . . .
Jacob Hiller
November 01, 2009 01:26AM
Dave Hopla is excellent.

Jacob Hiller
www.jumpmanual.com
grplnxprt
February 24, 2010 09:09PM
A lot of names on here.

Anybody know if what all these guys teach is pretty much the same thing?

I mean the mechanics of the shot...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2010 12:34AM by grplnxprt.
iAthletes
April 02, 2010 06:37AM
These are all well experienced coaches with a wealth of knowledge.

Shooting is all about confidence, comfort and repetition. If you build a solid foundation of form, technique and proper foot work, building on that just takes time and effort.

Starting with simple approaches can lead to big things. You ask any shooter what the biggest thing is and he/she will tell you 'consistency'.

I hope this helps,

Dan
www.innovativeathletes.com
Thom
April 08, 2010 10:58AM
Steve Alford's The Shot: Shooting Drills & Techniques is a great one and so is Gary Boren's How to Coach Free Throw Shooting.

Thom McDonald
Basketball Coaching Director
Championship Productions, Inc.
BasketballCoach.com
thom.mcdonald@championshipproductions.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 11:53AM by administrator.
Coach_Dan
April 28, 2010 12:37PM
Check out the iPhone application Shooter Tutor (http://itunes.apple.com/app/shooter-tutor/id358559069?mt=8). It does a pretty good job of establishing good shooting form.
Coachdribbledrive
June 05, 2010 03:59AM
I agree with Coach Daye - Dave Smart of Carleton University in Canada gets the best results (although if you're looking to tutor your players on shooting form for hours and hours and hours without seeing much progress you're out of luck with coach Smart)

What coach Smart does so well is making it simple. He breaks down shooting into it's essential components. Coach Smart has three things which he thinks will make great shooters:

1) Balance
2) Release
3) Repetition

I'd like to add another one: Ball over biceps (if the ball is over the biceps elbow isn't flying, and the ball isn't over the head.

I've put a lot of Caoch Smarts principles up here: Shooting Fundamentals
Coach MR7
June 07, 2010 05:43PM
I think Ken Konecki is one of the best trainers of shooting because he covers an area of the court that is often overlooked by most coaches, the midrange. Ken's basic steps are Get to a spot, Elevate, High Arc. Konecki's instructions have been very helpful for players.
basketball trainer
September 19, 2012 01:38AM
Hello,
I have some info for anyone who is looking for some great basketball instruction. There are tips and drills for anyone from beginner level players, to advanced level players and even a coach who is looking for some new techniques to better their team. click the link below to go to my site.
[forms.aweber.com]
trainer
November 07, 2013 11:24PM
[sellfy.com]
Buy my ebook for 90 cents.
it will turn you into a better player if you apply what it says into your game.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 25?
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | info@BasketballCoach.com