View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

Bobbywonkenobe
FREE Excel Basketball Statistics Workbook
March 24, 2009 04:34PM
Capturing the statistics of actions during a game can provide the coach with a tool to identify the strengths and weaknesses of individual players and the team. This allows the coach to concentrate on improving weaknesses and using the strengths of players and the team when planning team tactics and suitable plays. Collection of the stats can be done by an assistant coach or a willing parent . I have used the Excel Workbook during this season and it can be found along with an information sheet in a folder at

[www.4shared.com]

Although the Workbook is a freebie, it is simple to use and works out a range of totals , averages and efficiency figures for the players and the team. Give it a go and let me know how you get on and if the workbook could be improved
Bobbywonkenobe
Re: FREE Excel Basketball Statistics Workbook
March 24, 2009 04:41PM
Sorry but the URL for the web site containing the free Excel Statistics Workbook did not post up in full. The full address is

[www.4shared.com]

Hope it is as usefull to you as it has been to me
Anonymous User
April 04, 2009 08:36AM
i just taught myself this program you made in 20min.... VERY COOL

this looks amazing
Bobbywonkenobe
April 04, 2009 06:03PM
thumbs downThanks for the compliment
I am now working on Version 2 which will include 'Blocks', 'Assists' and 'Fouls'. I also have the idea of possibly recording 'Court Time' and from this could be calculated 'Player Efficiency'.
I don't want the collection and workbook to be too complicated since it was origionally designed by me to record stats in youth games and and local leagues and being over 70yrs of age there is a limit to what my reactions can record during a game.
Version 2 will be ready in a few months and I will then post details of its download location to allow anyone who fancies keeping statistics, an easy system to get started
Anonymous User
April 05, 2009 05:15PM
Hey just so you know, i noticed when you put 2 out of 2 lets say for free throw percentage or layup %.... if its 100% it will give you ####

Any idea
Bobbywonkenobe
April 05, 2009 06:44PM
OOPS sorry about that..
What it means is that the cell is not wide enough to take the figure of 100. I will check that out and widen the cell in the download. Give me a couple of days and it will be sorted
Thanks
Bobbywonkenobe
April 07, 2009 04:56PM
Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey just so you know, i noticed when you put 2 out
> of 2 lets say for free throw percentage or layup
> %.... if its 100% it will give you ####
>
> Any idea

I have downloaded the Workbook on to two computers and have found that 100% registers correctly in the columns. Just in case your computer window set up is different, I have widened the columns in the workbook to avoid you obtaining ### and the new download is Version 2
This should cure your problem
andrew
November 23, 2009 02:45PM
any chance you could give me the password you used to lock the work book so i could alter a few things to fit what i need? please get back to me
DAN51515
December 04, 2009 05:44PM
i would like the password as well. any chance i can get that. Also the avd. stats are not working on my workbook. any ideas?
Mike S
December 06, 2009 02:30PM
I am looking at the spreadsheet which is great , but it's password protected so I cannot moify at all.
There are several columns I'd like to eliminate (like layups, but am not able to do so.
Can you provide something for me to unlock it??

Mike
bwhicker
December 14, 2009 04:43PM
Same here. I would like to add assists and blocks.
Bobbywonkenobe
December 29, 2009 07:42PM
I readily gave out the password for Version 1 of the Stats Workbook and then found that a guy from Peru had altered it, supposedly to meet his own needs. He then released it back on to the internet with my details as the author. I received over 20 e-mails complaining of gliches in the programme which I resolved to everyones satisfaction. Since then I have not released the password for any of the later versions
I have however unlocked the Collection sheet in the present download for those who wish to amend it. The other pages of the workbook will remain locked since they are interlinked.
I have attached the latest Collection sheet which will go with Version 3 and it includes
'ASSISTS', 'BLOCKS', and 'FOULS' at the request of other Coaches. Any other suggestions for further improvement will be welcome
Attachments:
open | download - BASKETBALL STATISTICS COLLECTION V3(A)(1).xls (114.5 KB)
dclausi
January 01, 2010 08:48PM
Instead of using a spreadsheet, why not use free professional-grade scoring software? CREZ is used as the official stats software for the Premier Basketball League and you too can use this software for your own team.

Store rosters, score games, and webcast the stats to the Internet, all for free!

[www.crezbasketball.com]

Enjoy!
Bobbywonkenobe
April 20, 2010 06:40PM
Following feedback from Coaches and Stat Recorders over the past year, the Stats Workbook has now been enlarged to hold records for 30 games and now includes 'BLOCKS', ' ASSISTS', 'CHARGES' and 'FOULS'. Although the number of recordable features has been increased, collectors of stats can select only those features that are required by the Team Coach.
It can be downloaded free from the file sharing site
[www.4shared.com]
Thanks to all who provided advice and feedback to make the Stats Workbook more usefull and any further feedback regarding additions/improvements would be welcome
Bobby
Bobbywonkenobe
June 16, 2010 06:17PM
I have added to this Stats Workbook and it now allows the Coach to give ratings to the players' actions during the game and produces a Value Added Points rating for each player.
This system of rating is promoted by Coach Danny Miles in his book, Value Added Points System, which he claims as being a major tool in his success as a Coach.
I will e-mail a copy of the workbook to anyone who requests it along with an information sheet on its operation
Coach Marc
July 02, 2010 06:49PM
Bobbywonkenobe Wrote:

> It can be downloaded free from the file sharing
> site
> [www.4shared.com]
> ng.html

We have used this Stats Workbook during the past season and found it produced a good range of stats which has helped me to identify strengths and weaknesses in my Team It is suitable for those who require a simple stats program and can be operated by an assistant coach, a parent or anyone associated with a basketball team, with minimum familiarisation/learning time.
Thanks for making it freely available
dan163
July 15, 2010 02:23PM
I saw on another site you had attached the Danny Miles Value Point System but cannot find it on the spreadsheet. Please help and any other information you can provide on the VPS would be appreciated!
Bobbywonkenobe
July 15, 2010 06:47PM
dan163

If you send me your e-mail address, I will send you the latest version of the Stats spreadsheets which include VPS
bobbywonkenobe@ymail.com
David558
September 28, 2010 10:25PM
For a free basketball scoring package, use the CREZscorer product.

[www.crezbasketball.com]

CREZ has products you have to pay for, but their free scoring and stats product is very comprehensive and easy to use.
DavidEHS
FREE Excel Basketball Statistics Workbook
November 25, 2010 03:59PM
Just wanted to add to the positive comments about your program. I was lucky enough to come across this. I have been doing this for years by hand and calculator. Thanks for making this available to coaches like myself. Will use proudly. Very easy and simple. Just the way I like things to be. One thing that I was wondering, if at all can be added in some way, is a way to track possessions. I am key on scoring on at least 75% of our possessions. Is it possible to add that stat?

Thanks again!
David
Bobbywonkenobe
November 27, 2010 06:10PM
David, thanks for your positive comments regarding the Stats program. Your suggestion of adding a 'Possession Outcome' stat is one I will certainly look at when I have more free time over the Christmas/New Year holiday period. Send me an e-mail to bobbywonkenobe@ymail.com and I will keep in touch with you and update you on the progress of adding your great suggestion to the program
Bobby
Kyle
November 29, 2010 12:25PM
I sent an email to the email address you have posted, but thought it best to also post here.
I am experiencing a problem using your workbook, where the input for Y/N for played is not being registered. This of course means that I cannot get individual player averages out of the software.
Any tips?
Bobbywonkenobe
November 30, 2010 10:44AM
Kyle
Put a 'Y' or and 'N' to indicate whether a player has played or not in the PLAY column and that will solve your problem
Dave Manley
December 01, 2010 05:01PM
Bob, great program! I plan on using it for a post-season, spiral-bound stats booklet for each player and would subsequently like to be able to print out each game stat sheet on a single page. Currently, the only printout that's generated produces all 30 pages and at this time in the season, 28 are still empty. Also, there seems to be no "Y" option in the PLAY column; if the Totals sheet is looking for that to increment games played, it's not registering. Typing a "Y": in the box produces "Y/N" rather than the expected "Y", "P" gets the word 'play', "N" prints appropriately but doesn't indicate anythi9ng on theTotals sheet. Thanks for any help you can give me.
dmanley1@charter.net Dave
Bobbywonkenobe
December 03, 2010 09:57AM
Hi Dave
Pleased to hear you are about to make use of the stats workbook. Your problems are due to Excel and your printer set ups. I will e-mail you with more details.
Bobby
dave Manley
December 06, 2010 04:37PM
Bob, my "toying" with the margins a little and setting the top margin at 0.75 inches seems to have provided individual sheets to print as such without pages creeping upward and subsequently onto following pages.

Still puzzled on the participation column, however. By the way, I'm working in Excel 2010 if that matters. thanks for any help you might afford.

Dave
Bobbywonkenobe
December 07, 2010 06:07PM
Dave Your problem regarding incorrect input in the 'PLAY' column is due to your Excel program being set to 'Auto Complete/Predictive Text' where Excel is completing the input from the first letter you type in. It does not however always get its assumption right so you need to disable this function and this can be done from the options menu. I will e-mail you with some further details
Coach j
January 17, 2011 02:59PM
How do you get the players names in the left columns?
Bobbywonkenobe
January 17, 2011 05:58PM
Coach j Wrote:
> How do you get the players names in the left
> columns?

Fill the names in the SQUAD/ROSTER sheet and they will then auto fill onto the GAME STATS and TOTALS sheets
Brian Rhoten
March 08, 2011 10:23PM
How do I get a copy of this statistics software?
Thanks

email bsrhoten@comcast.net
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 614.4 KB
  • 3 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 24?
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | info@BasketballCoach.com