View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

CoachRB
10 Ways to Attack Junk Defenses....are you Ready?
August 20, 2009 10:24AM
All Basketball Coaches----Are you ready to attack Junk Defenses this season?

Recently I was asked to write a piece on attacking Junk Defenses. I think this is an area that coach struggle in and I hope this list of 10 Ways to Attack Junk Defenses will help you.

1. First determine the goal of the junk defense. Identify which player or players they are keying on. Is it a triangle and two, box and 1, or combination of the two.

2. Consider making substitutions based on their coverage. A triangle and two will leave open gaps on the perimeter, so put your best shooters and penetrators in the game to attack the gaps.

3. Use your “boxed” offensive player as a screener on the ball and away from the ball. A good screen can provide an inch of separation needed for your best player to get open for shots.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2009 11:37AM by nate.landas.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 614.4 KB
  • 3 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 12?
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | info@BasketballCoach.com