View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

Dacoachnose
Switching Man to Man
August 26, 2008 10:57PM
Does anyone know of a DVD that is about a switching man to man defense. We ran into a team this year that beat us because we didn't really see that style before. I was hoping to learn more about the style to possibly use it and to help beat it because we have that team again this year
Fred Couples
Re: Switching Man to Man
October 15, 2008 07:31AM
Coach,
I too am moving to a switching man to man this year. I'm not big or overly quick so what difference does it make, we'll just switch to a denial? I've heard Rick Majerus talk about switches and he had three things you must do:
1. Talk it---call out switch or whatever call you make to let both defenders know
2. Touch it---the defenders hands should touch so as to eliminate a possible slip screen
3. Switch it---I am going to switch to a denial so we can get steals and deny reversals

Regarding what to do against a swtiching man to man, offensively in any screening situation you have 1 of the two offensive players cut to the basket. It could be the screener slipping to basket or the guy getting screened could just backcut and not read the screen. The other man then steps out to the perimeter. I am using the Dribble Drive Offense this year so I'm really don't have to worry about screening situations besides on ball screens. If a team is switching ball screens, I then have my big set a high ball and attack the switch while the big rolls to the basket forcing the big to make a decision.
Let me know what you think.
Dacoachnose
Re: Switching Man to Man
December 30, 2008 10:14PM
We stayed with our on the line up the line this year instead of a switching defense but when we faced the switching defense this year we did a great job of back cutting before screens and slipping screens in our motion game and made them have to go zone against us I did like the high ball screen Idea we also used a double ball screen to get a clear side and a preferable match up on our point guard
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 3?
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | info@BasketballCoach.com