View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

Gregrh2323
Last second game situation - did I call the right defense?
March 12, 2017 12:09AM
Just ended our middle school season with a heartbreaking loss.

We were up by 2 with 3.6 seconds to play. My post player at the free throw line shooting 1 and 1. He was 2 for 10 prior.

I decided to have all my players go back on defense - I didn't want them to commit a stupid foul. My player missed the free throw, they took it to the sideline and at half court, threw up a prayer and banked in a 3 pointer as the buzzer sounded.

Question: should I have stacked the blocks and gone for the rebound on the free throw? Should I have had my guys play further up the floor and pressed?

I felt confident that I made the right call but of course I had one parent barking at me after the game that we should have pressed.

Thanks for any feedback.
Coach Greg,
I think you know your team best. I think hindsight is 20/20. I think no matter what the call, someone will have something to say about it. That being said, I would have had my team pick up man to man at half court. Not a tough man to man, but something to make the other team take extra time trying to dribble around my players. If you have a chippy/ handsy team, you made the best call.

Coach O
Aviano Women's
Head Basketball coach
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 16?
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | [email protected]