View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

Coach GJ
Advice needed
January 12, 2019 04:28AM
I’ve been coaching for 12 years but not sure what to do with current team (and future of team).

We are the 30th smallest school in the state. We have multiple defensive sets and a few offensive sets. We mostly run a 5 out offense and sometimes a 4 out. We have wrinkles off each one and 2-3 true sets for three pointer needed, backcut type play etc ...

Here is my dilemma ... when we play teams close to our size, we run them out of the gym. We play mostly smaller schools and are top 25 in state in PPG. My issue is when we play the bigger schools, we struggle. I know it would be normal, but I don’t want to “accept” it. They are quicker and more athletic - which our offense can’t create shots. We usually don’t press and sit more back into 1-2-2 or 2-3 type of zone. We play man, we get crushed.

It’s hard because I want to compete with the bigger schools but the offense/defense that we play just can’t do it - but it can match up very well against other smaller schools. I would hate to try and run different offenses for the occasion (like a flex w/what we currently do). I’m just lost. I hate getting crushed against the bigger schools. I’m working hard on the development of the elementary/middle school students (and obviously the HS), just not sure what to do. We play fast against the small schools but have to play slower and limit possessions against bigger schools.

What would you do with the “program” moving forward. Sorry so long.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 25?
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | [email protected]