View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

bbcoachadmin
COACHING BASKETBALL FORUM
April 04, 2008 09:36PM
Coaches,

This forum is available to discuss coaching philosophies, strategies, techniques, tips, and / or any other topic about coaching basketball at any level. In attempt to protect your privacy and avoid SPAM, we ask that you refrain from posting any private information. The forum moderator will remove private information, including email addresses, to keep the forum secure. If you would like to share coaching notes, please upload them to the Coaching Notes forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2008 09:37PM by nate.landas.
kmch
Good camps in Sac or Napa Valleys?
April 14, 2008 10:32PM
Anyone know of quality bball camps for an average high school sophomore in the central california area?
CoachLeClaire
Re: Good camps in Sac or Napa Valleys?
June 18, 2008 10:43PM
The best camp in California as far as teaching and getting better is Excel in Basketball at De La Salle HS in Concord CA.
Don Meyer
Re: COACHING BASKETBALL FORUM
July 18, 2008 07:11PM
Would like to know how Coach Don Meyer really conducts his practice.
fabio coirazza
September 30, 2008 08:30AM
Dear Coaches hi. I'm Fabio Coirazza from Bologna Italy and international coordinator of WBSC SUPERCAMP .
After 15 years we've the same passion and feeling to find the best Teachers and Coaches for our guys and girls attending to our Summercamp from all'over the world.
If you could be interested you could visit our website : [www.wbscsupercamps.com] and english flag so you could realize who and how we're and coaches who usually come to us from everywhere. We're not interested to have professional coaches only looking for money but real passionates for a great experience in Italy .
pls write to: coirazza@wbscsupercamps.com
liron biren
books for starting coaches
October 14, 2008 03:00AM
Hello my name is Liron and im 15 years old.
I search the best book or books to start learnins basketball coaching.
please tell me what book or books should I buy.
If you can to tell me where i buy the books i will be happy.

thanke you very much(i am now in new york city so if you have a place to buy it here please tell me)in the internet is olso good.
Anonymous User
October 21, 2008 09:18PM
Morgan Wooten Coaching basketball successfully
Anonymous User
December 27, 2008 05:40PM
I'm interested in knowing what is, "Pick and Roll Offense, and how many motion offenses are there?
Alessandro
Dictionary English-Italian
January 19, 2009 08:25AM
Hi!
My name's Alessandro.
I'm a basketball coach in Italy.
I try a dictionary for translate technical term U.S.A. in Italian.
Sorry for my english.
I study English and I like speak english.
Thank You.
Bye.
James Harris
January 31, 2009 05:09AM
Hello,

My name is James Harris and I am a high school coach interested in the possibility of becoming a graduate assistant at an accepting university/college. If anyone knows of any graduate assistant openings, could you please direct me to the appropriate contact person.
CoachingPower
Re: books for starting coaches
April 10, 2009 04:41AM
If you looking for an inexpensive series of basketball books for all levels of basketball, I might suggest you check out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2009 07:09PM by administrator.
administrator
Re: books for starting coaches
April 12, 2009 07:10PM
This forum does not allow advertisements. You have been spamming this forum with your ads recently.

Please stop or we will be forced to ban your account.
Bears Basketball
April 14, 2009 03:19PM
I have seen interest in coaching books and what to look for. I am a coach that has coached for 8yrs on and off AAU- jv basketball. What I have found is that if you can't make good people out of your players than you will not be successful in your x's and o's. Discipline and character are necessary for your players to be efficient in what they do off and on the court.
Find books that teach leadership, how to deal with players on a personal level, dicipline, and character. Those coaches that can adapt to various player issues as well as teach modeled behavior will have most success. x's and o's we all can do sooner or later, but what about making a boy into a man.
find books on that and if you pick it up your players will be better off and you will feel success no matter the score.
Best of luck.
Anonymous7124
April 23, 2009 11:40PM
I just wanted to get some opinion from some other coaches. I coach JV basketball and have naturally ran all of the same sets and offenses that the Varisty runs. The head coach I currenty work for has given me the option or running some different stuff.

The kids I will be getting next year are quite small. My tallest player will be around 5'11". All have decent to good guard skills but none of them can post from what I have seen. We run some flex and some 1-4 high stuff. I am thinking about putting in an open post motion offense with the group I'm getting. Spread the floor, pass and cut, dribble drive stuff. Anybody have any advice or pointers on the open post? Anybody have any other ideas on what to do with a small guard oriented team offensively or defensively. Defensively I was thinking about junking it up and playing multiple zone defenses. We are so small that we can't play man to man. Any advice would be much appreciated.
future coach
May 10, 2009 01:58AM
hello coaches.Need help!i am 36yr old and i have been playing professional basketball in europe for the last 12 years after 4 years of college D1.i all ways wanted to coach when i was finished playing.over the years i've been captain of a few teams,player coach and have ran practices,conditioning,scouting reports,ect. and even been the person to pick new players based on talent.since high school there no telling how many summer camp ii have been a councelor at and the number of teenagers i have personal trained over the years. i have been involved in all aspect of basketball,Not to mention the thousands of games i have played.but none of this is on paper because i was playing and my resume only says where i have played and my accomplishments as a player. im ready! how would i go by doing a resume for a coaching job?My ideal job now would be a JC,small college or an assistant at a bigger school.do you think it is possible to get into?thanks for any inpunt
Anonymous User
May 29, 2009 03:33PM
smiling smiley Wrote:y dont u look it up on wikipedia.com just search pick and roll
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm interested in knowing what is, "Pick and Roll
> Offense, and how many motion offenses are there?
Nestle Milo Academy
August 17, 2009 11:31AM
Hello

we are Seeking an experienced person who loves the game and of course knows a little about the basketball sport as well.

This role will be to coach an under 18's boys basketball team. We are a new Nestle Milo Academy located in Lagos Nigeria.this is our www.nssmba.co.cc we are willing to sign a new contract with a Good coach to train our new team

Our boys need a coach URGENTLY as they are playing just with there own knowledge of the game. They have all played before and are not new to basketball so the person who will be coaching wont have to start from scratch.

is the team name and with a little guidance and structure they will make a great team.

Please e mail me on my private email and also call this number...+234-805-761-2523..with your expression of interest and an appointment can be made to provide more details.
this is our website. www.nssmba.co.cc

Regards
Nestle Milo Academy Lagos Nigeria.
20-24 Industrial Ave
fabio coirazza
Re: Dictionary English-Italian
December 25, 2009 11:59PM
Ciao Alessandro. Sono Fabio Coirazza vice presidente del wbsc supercamp ( [www.wbscsupercamps.com])
Ho letto ed apprezzato nella tua email la voglia di imparare.
Vorrei qualche informazione su di te e se sei in qualche modo interessato ad imparare come assistente al ns Supercamp. Se vuoi scrivi alla mia email: coirazza@wbscsupercamps.com con tuo curriculum

per le traduzioni prova ad usare : [www.reverso.net]

e questo che ti aiutera' :
[www.lucaniabasket.net]
Sam Martin
January 08, 2010 04:09AM
There is a site for athletes that I saw where they can post their own profiles with bio information, stats, video and image uploads. You should check it out, yoursporthouse.com.
Coach Charles
February 11, 2010 12:56PM
My name is Adetoro Sodiq.
I am from Nigeria. Am a young talented basketball student, i love the game of basketball so much but am without a club. so am here for your help and i will be grateful for your help.
Thank you for your concern.
Pete M.
March Madness
March 11, 2010 04:13AM
*March Savings!! 10% Off Your Entire Order!
Use Coupon Code: MARCH-10 at checkout
Offer Expires: 3/31/2010
*Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.
Kadaaaaaj
March 31, 2010 07:36PM
Hello i'm new on the forum and i coach under 11 basket balls players. The Team is very heterogeneous (different levels) and some players won't play with some others. The fact is they are 11 so they don't understand why share the ball is important and so on...
My question is: Do you have exercices or something like that to solve that problem ?
Thanks for answering and sorry for my english, i'm french
TimothyRodgers397
May 12, 2010 06:38PM
Does anyone know about any basketball camps around the North Carolina area I can volunteer at. I really want to get my feet wet, and start learning more about what is out there to help me be a better coach and also expand my knowledge of the game.
TimothyRodgers397
May 12, 2010 06:47PM
Coach Harris there is this wwebsite you can join called HoopCoach.org. It will email you all the coaching jobs, grad assistant jobs that are open.
Traci sinco
Re: Good camps in Sac or Napa Valleys?
August 02, 2010 12:33PM
Dear sir,
I finish my coaching course and now i am from African i went to coach some basketball team. I am qualify Coach.I can get your high School.
Coach Ten
Coach Pearl
August 10, 2010 05:31PM
Is there going to be any clips posted from the All Access with Bruce Pearl any time soon????
Ximena Alban
Volunteer Basketball Needed
November 25, 2010 01:52AM
Volunteer Basketball Coach for Women 50-54, in Chicago, Illinois.

Our 50-54 women team will compete in Houston at the Senior Olympics in June 2011, format 3v3 half court. We are looking for a coach with good knowledge of the game to be responsible for all aspect of directing the team at games and practice, team has from 6 to 8 players. We will pay travel expenses. Please email us at ashley@uic.edu
For more information please see [sites.google.com]
CoachCampos23
December 29, 2010 08:27PM
Hi! im a new member! I just read most of the topics here...

I have a great passion for this game. I ve been coaching for 6 years. i'm pretty young and i think i had to leave my country soon for more experience. I would like to vary my basketball oportunities and experiences. Im open to any country but i prefer english spoken countries.

here's my bio:

Hometown:
Santiago, Chile

Gender Coached
Womens, Boys, Girls, Still Playing

Level Coached
Middle School, Jr. High, High School

Playing Experience
High School

School
Instituto Nacional Gral. Jose Miguel Carrera

Short Bio
Bachelor of Science in Physical Activity. University of Santiago de Chile
Sports Coach. University of Santiago de Chile
National Basketball Coach. Level 1. Basketball Federation of Chile.

Head Coach Women's Basketball National Team. Club Deportivo Thomas Bata.

Assistant Coach, Chilean Women's Basketball Team. Categories: U15, U16, U17, U18, U19 & Women. Basketball Federation of Chile. 2009-2010.

Assistant Coach and Statistics, Chilean Women's Basketball Team. XXXII South American Women's Championship. August, 2010.

Contact me, for talking about basketball, for volunteers jobs, for jobs in general or just for making friends! smiling smiley
Linn
Re: Volunteer Basketball Needed
January 02, 2011 10:18PM
Hi. I am a former professional basketball player. I am 52 years old, I train and coach and would love to coach your team to victory in Houston this summer. If you still need a coach please contact me.

Linn
Linn
Re: Volunteer Basketball Needed
January 02, 2011 10:22PM
Concerning the 50-54 womens coaching position in Houston, I forgot my email information. For further information please contact me at linnellbible@aol.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

SecurityWorry-Free Shopping
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | [email protected]