View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

sean
Re: COACHING BASKETBALL FORUM
January 10, 2011 10:39PM
Ok Coaches, here's one for you. I helped coach this team last year but had to move for school so I'm just doing some scouting this year. Anyway, their offense is struggling - its painful how uch they are struggling. They have a superstar sophomore center that was averaging 12 and 10 early in the year. Now he's averaging just 7 points a game. This is because everybody is packing it in - either man or zone. There aren't even defending the guards anymore. The team is shooting 17% from 3PT range and about 33% everywhere else. Its notshot seection either. Any ideas to solve this scoring issue?

They've tried running and pressing, slowing it down and waiting for the defense to breakdown, and everything in between. Ideas would be great here...our defense is not an issue...we only allow about 35-40 points a game. If we can can score, we can beat anybody.
coach m
January 11, 2011 11:39PM
My thoughts would be for you to implement more of a dribble drive read and react type offense sooner or later the pack defense will open up a gap and if your guys can make layups and floaters in the lane then the big will have to step up and help and now they can dump it down to him getting him open.

Another option get him away from the basket by setting 2 man game ball screens and keep the weakside active.

Also get him the ball in the high post so that the wing players can get back door layups from the guys helping out in him

My last suggestion would be to become a set play team to draw up plays that would put him and other guys around him in better positons to score.

Lastly, maybe have him work on more post moves and face up moves so that he is more versatile of a scorer.
arnoldtw24
January 18, 2011 09:18PM
Does anyone know where to find a Nike basketball that has multiple airholes and a box in each of the eight sections? This was designed to help teach proper shooting technique. One of the local clinics in my community has one of these balls but I can't find one. The person who runs the clinic bought it at a Nike store years ago.

nate.landas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Coaches,
>
> This forum is available to discuss coaching
> philosophies, strategies, techniques, tips, and /
> or any other topic about coaching basketball at
> any level. In attempt to protect your privacy and
> avoid SPAM, we ask that you refrain from posting
> any private information. The forum moderator will
> remove private information, including email
> addresses, to keep the forum secure. If you would
> like to share coaching notes, please upload them
> to the Coaching Notes forum.
johnkastritis669
February 09, 2011 06:40AM
Hello coaches,

I am new in the forum and very happy to join your company...

I am a basketball coach from Greece.I am 29 years old and i have a 6 years experience as a head and assistant coach in A1 and A2 league of Greek championship...

I am interested to work abroad,anywhere, America, China,Asia generally as a head or assistant coach,no matter what my duties will be...

If anybody believes that there is something out there for me please feel comfortable to contact me and talk about my bio and other details...

Just a questiongrinning smileyo you think it's possible to join the program of a college in America as a student and work as assistant coach in the same time?I have no idea about that and i would like your help who to ask and where to search about it as it's another alternative i have in my mind...

Thank you all coaches in advance...I wish everybody a great season with your teams and succeed your goals...smileys with beer

my email is : johnkastritis@yahoo.gr
RoyHollins233
Re: books for starting coaches
March 25, 2011 01:36PM
Books are good, but I find that there are so many different avenues to obtain information that you don't want to limit yourself to just books. DVD's, videos and coaching clinics are also excellent tools to obtain the information you need to steer you in the right direction. I truly admire someone as young as you are doing "homework", so many youths today are just worried about being "cute" and not taking the time to really learn and understand the game. Stay passionate !!!
Dan Rosenfield
Looking for Coaching Opportunity
July 17, 2011 05:00PM
I'm a successful, experienced head high school basketball coach looking for an interesting coaching opportunity.

I do NOT care at all about money...salary is not an issue.

I have a masters degree, have never had a losing season, and have had several players go on to college and professional basketball.

I can be reached at aegc@earthlink.net anytime.
Steve McLaughlin
New equipment to stop slipping on court
July 18, 2011 11:12PM
Coachs,
For decades slippery courts and shoes have presented both a danger of injury and compromised performance, not to mention the serious health risk taken on by players licking their fingers and wiping their shoes to gain traction.
We have developed and tested a new product that allows players to restore traction while on the court, at any time.
This product is Court Grabbers and it will be available in the Fall of 2011. We have tested this on players from 10 years old to 18 in AAU and High School, College coaches, referee's and a Big Ten player, on many surfaces and all agree this is the best traction enhancer they have ever used. All of them. This eliminates expensive mats and allows a player to safely restore full traction in a couple seconds, even on the dustiest of floors. We have hours of video proving the effectiveness and the virtual "invisiblity" of this product when used in games.
Please visit our site at www.courtgrabbers.com. This is a new concept that has been proven 100% effective.
Or drop me an email and I will keep you informed as to the launch date in the Fall.
This product is changing the game for those who have and are testing it and it will change the game for the better as well. "Stop the Slip-Grab a Grip!"
Umina Sports Club
Basketball Coach Wanted Urgently
August 07, 2011 02:38PM
Quito Tennis & Sports Club is seeking for a Basketball coach who possess a demonstrated commitment to holding high personal expectations as well as high expectations for students, teachers, and administrators to apply for the position of Head Basketball Coach.

REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• This person should display through his/her actions an ability to work in cooperation with a staff of other coaches. He/she should display leadership in skills that will be conducive to high levels of productivity and the development of positive relationships with students.

Good decision-making skills, initiative, effort and commitment to young people and education are desirable traits. Above all, this coach should be a “people person” and indicate, through his/her actions, a personality that is conducive to positive interaction with students, staff and parents.

If this Offer is acceptable to you, you are requested to send your CV attached with your passport photograph via attachment to : uni.edu00@yahoo.es for a quick assessment
albert coach
September 15, 2011 03:53AM
Great App to create plays online

www.basketballeditor.com
ThomasWilliam673
November 04, 2011 02:44AM
It's very important that whatever your style of coaching, be yourself. I mean this especially in your temperament. If you are out-going, be out-going. If you are quiet, be quiet. If you are a screamer, scream (within reason). Don't try to be like some famous coach that you idolize. Certainly, there may be many excellent ideas and qualities that you can and should learn from successful coaches like Coach Wooden and others, but incorporate them into your own philosophy.

Regards,
Global network
Coach Sivils
November 10, 2011 08:15AM
Incredibly well thought out, intense, did I say intensity was high?, huge emphasis on fundamentals and his players play really hard.

I have seen several dozen of his practices.

Coach never has an easy practice. He just shortens them if he is concerned about fatigue or burnout.

Coach Meyer also spends a few minutes each practice "experimenting" as he calls it with ideas to see how they work with real players.

He is big on progressions, utilizing space, combining skills and using only drills that fit the system being taught.

Hope that helps.
Ardian
November 21, 2011 05:28AM
Hello Coaches,
We are basketball club in Kosovo!!! We need lot of things, but more than anything is a good coach for our team from U14, U16, U18 and Senior Team. He will have young assistants from our team and trying to put on the right directions one of the most glories team in Kosovo and the best fans in the world "kuqezinjet e jakoves".
Any Coach will VOLUNTEER!!!

kb.vllaznimi.shb@gmail.com
bschroeder
Re: Good camps in Sac or Napa Valleys?
December 20, 2011 06:15PM
Try looking into Snow Valley. They really know what they are doing up there.

Bryan Schroeder
Senior Team Member
nextlevelofbasketball.com
bschroeder
Re: books for starting coaches
December 20, 2011 06:17PM
Hey man, feel free to check out nextlevelofbasketball.com. We provide some good free resources on the site.

Bryan Schroeder
Senior Team Member
nextlevelofbasketball.com
Khan
September 21, 2012 12:13AM
I am 5'10 an able to dunk thanks to dunkforce.com.
Igor
October 16, 2012 10:04AM
Hello!

Greetings to all forum members and basketball fans.
My name is Igor and I have been playing as pro and coaching for more than ten years now. I would like to try to improve myself as a coach and take one step forward in this job. I would like to try at college-level basketball in USA or Canada.
More about me, as well as my CV is available on [www.iballu.net]

Feel free to contact me if you are looking for a coach, ass coach or basketball friend.

Igor
coach femi
January 11, 2013 04:20PM
Am a basketball coach from Nigeria i train up kids from the age 5 years old and above here in Nigeria i have tall, strong, young basketball player if you may need any player both female and male please contact me with this mail royalbasketball44@gmail.com
Mitch Alves
June 17, 2013 10:22AM
Hi Nate,

I was looking in my android phone, and i found this really cool app called POCKET COACH LITE, they have a clipboard where you can create plays for basketball and other sports. I like to use it to teach my kids plays. Thought could be helpful for some coaches
Jeremy
July 02, 2013 08:18AM
Can anyone give me there input on what would be the best offense for me to teach my boys? I have a HS boys basketball team made up of boys in grades 7th-11th. We don't have a player taller than 6 ft so we really don't have a power/post game. My team is fairly athletic though and get up and down the court pretty well. We also have some decent shooters. Only really one player who can attack the rim and be successful doing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Hawkeye77
July 06, 2013 05:22PM
Jeremy,

I would look at the 5-out open post...its primarily pass, cut and screen, with "wrinkles" you can add as you progress . A good resource to start with is Jerry Petitgoue's "Open Post Motion Offense" video by Championship Productions.
skillz360
September 04, 2014 03:54PM
Coach,

I was wondering how is the academy progressing?
Norton A
April 09, 2015 02:10PM
Has anyone tried the NexStar ipad training system? I found a coupon code “SPRING” that reduces the cost by $20. It looks really nice but wanted to see if anyone has one.
[nexstartraining.com]
Norton A
May 06, 2015 10:40AM
Has anyone tried the NexStar ipad training system? I found a coupon code “SPRING” that reduces the cost by $20. It looks really nice but wanted to see if anyone has one.
[nexstartraining.com]
Norton A
May 12, 2015 04:00PM
[nexstartraining.com]
Serena
May 14, 2015 03:56PM
INTERESTED COACHES SHOULD CONTACT ME ON gregstones.bball@yahoo.co.uk for a job opening in United Kingdom.
Connor Erwin
July 09, 2015 09:15AM
[www.youtube.com]

Hey coaches, please watch the video and then let me know your thoughts of taking game-like shots in practice?
Orange County Noles Inc.944
August 12, 2015 08:52PM
Thanks for Information.
Boys Basketball Orlando
PLayerhunter
February 17, 2016 06:14AM
Dear colleagues, I would like to present to you www.playerhunter.com internet portal which is a great convenience for players, coaches, scouts, managers from the world of football, BASKETBALL, volleyball and handball ... of course, the fitness coach have perhaps the most benefits and potential clients ..
Creating a profile is COMPLETELY FREE, and gives the option of setting biographies, features, highlights, the interconnection and therefore easier finding a job ...
Take advantage promo period until May 1, SIGN UP completely free and be part of the new sports base!
Shiloh716
May 03, 2016 02:00PM
Timothy, great to hear you want to be a volunteer coach. Thanks for working with the kids!
Daka
July 21, 2016 04:10PM
[www.facebook.com]
Look at this page.Has great things for coaches!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

SecurityWorry-Free Shopping
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | [email protected]