View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

Wayne Walters
Pattern Motion
May 29, 2016 12:49AM
If most coaches had a choice, I believe that they would run true Motion Offense against both M2M and Zone Defense. Random actions coordinated only by players reading the defense and “acting in concert” based on sound offensive concepts. The obstacles to that are low basketball IQ, multi-sport athletes and poor court vision. Personally, I truly admire coaches that teach it and teams that execute it well for a number of years.

Your second option as a coach is to run a Patterned offense that is very rigid and strict that requires only rote memory from your players. Their are a number of good options with a number of scoring cut off screening actions that can be repeated over and over plus that foster both good player and ball movement. The best of these offenses force defensive decisions and then create defensive mistakes.

IMO, Read and React has merit because of its layered approach which enables you to run parts [layers] as called set plays as you teach players to Read and React so that no call is needed. I believe that certain aspects of R&R are predictable like the read line and dribble at reactions but the bottom line is that if your players have the IQ to master a few complimentary layers it comes close to true Motion Offense. I think that the drills are excellent. Read and React requires multi-talented players which some coaches do not have.

I took the layered approach of R&R and combined it with some basic pattern to create several versions of what I call Pattern Motion. The pattern gives structure. The layers allows for direction from the bench until players blend layers and reads or until their skill sets are more interchangeable. The version/base action that you use initially puts your players in the best position based on skill set. Each M2M offenses has a complimentary zone offense which requires only a minor tweak but the same basic action. Teaching will require minimum practice time. On alternate practices we do either M2M team and Zone break down drills or Zone team and M2M break down drills.

Wayne Walters AKA DR. D
WilliamWalker
Re: Pattern Motion
February 06, 2019 11:44AM
The way to their best execution is the ability to capture patterns designs in images. Different kinds of object and camera motions likewise create reliable local patterns in the stream field coursework help service, which model can figure out how to perceive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

SecurityWorry-Free Shopping
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | [email protected]