View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

007rick
Re: Offense vs. Triangle and 2 defense
February 13, 2013 06:22PM
Could I please get this packet? Would be a great help to my team. rickeydwyer@msn.com
Thanks for your hard work!

Rick
Wayne Walters
February 14, 2013 07:28AM
As I always do , I will send you the samples. I will sell you selected handouts or packets.

Wayne Walters
Justin
February 17, 2013 11:59PM
Can you please email me some good offenses to run against junk defense (box and 1; diamond and 1; triangle and 2)?? Playoffs start at end of week and would like to have couple diff. options.. Thanks..
justin
February 18, 2013 12:03AM
email address is justin.miller@rpsb.us
Wayne Walters
February 20, 2013 12:24PM
Information sent!
Wayne Walters
March 12, 2013 12:10PM
Information Sent!!

Dr. D
lewisMorris772
October 14, 2013 08:56PM
Wayne would you mind sending me the samples for offense vs. triangle / 2. lewis.morris@bell.kyschools.us
Wayne Walters
October 15, 2013 09:25AM
Information sent!
michael smith
November 05, 2013 02:29PM
any chance you are still sending packets out on how to beat the triangle and 2?

nwdocs@yahoo.com

thanks, mike
Wayne Walters
November 06, 2013 06:54AM
Mike,

Just to clarify, I will send samples that are usually enough. I sell handouts and packets on my website.

Wayne Walters
Kingpinone
January 10, 2014 09:17AM
What do you have for a triangle and 2 offense when they are guarding the forward and guard?
Wayne Walters
January 10, 2014 12:51PM
Where do I send it?
Whitney
January 17, 2014 01:49PM
Wayne,

Can you send me your offensive sets vs. junk defense?

Thank you
Whitney Compton
wcompton@buc.k12.va.us
Wayne Walters
January 19, 2014 11:10AM
Information on the way.
Ryan Perry
January 20, 2014 12:24PM
Could you email me some plays against a triangle and 2 defense. Thanks
Wayne Walters
January 20, 2014 02:30PM
Ryan,

Where do I send it?

Wayne Walters
Coach B Johnson
January 22, 2014 12:25PM
thank you!
Wayne Walters
January 23, 2014 10:58AM
Where do I send it?
Rob Jeppsen
March 03, 2014 01:38AM
Hey Wayne...Would love to see your box/1 and triangle/2 sets...

Thanks!

Rob@jeppsen.net

Rob Jeppsen
Wayne Walters
March 03, 2014 08:10AM
I am sending samples from larger handouts and a monster size packet.

Wayne Walters
Anonymoussccoach
March 05, 2014 07:55AM
Best offense against any junk defense...

5-out Pass and Cut. The middle is open. As you players cut the middle, have them quickly post up in the middle and look for ball. This keeps the players playing the box, diamond, or triangle from over committing to anything other than covering that middle post-up (what we call a post-cut).

To deal with the coverage on your best offensive players, have your other players continue with the pass and cut, but before they post-cut, have them check to see if one of the man covered player is next to them. If so, they should screen away to that person before performing their post cut. Have the player receiving the screen read the defender and either curl to the basket, pop on the perimeter, or whatever actions you teach. Since it is your best offensive player, this is not a hard thing to teach.

The action of the screen will prompt the zone defenders to help on the best offensive player, and this will leave big gaps open for the post-cutter. Some confusion will occur and the zone defenders will then even start worrying about the post-cuts and stop helping on the screens, leaving your top players open to score.

This is a really simple adjustment for a motion team. After trying several continuitys and quicks against junk defenses over the years, I went with this approach one day out of frustration. Amazingly, it worked like clock-work, and it has ever-since. We have faced several opponents over the years that have tried to use junk defenses on us, and since making this move, most teams will not stick to the plan for more than a quarter or so.
Wayne Walters
March 05, 2014 12:14PM
I agree with your concepts vs box and one or diamond and one which is why I do not plat these instead I play a 1-1-2 along with triangle and tandum. I also have a zone player taking the middle cut. I agree that motion teams adjust more easily. I would enjoy a continued dialogue.

Why do coaches post anonymously?
Cougar coach
March 05, 2014 07:04PM
Wayne dire need for your triangle two offensive plays. Just lost to a team we should have beat but, could not score versus triangle and two defense.

Help!

Thanks in advance.

roedig@cinci.rr.com
Anonymoussccoach
March 05, 2014 09:43PM
Not too anonymous, Wayne. You and I have actually spent some time talking on the phone. I just don't like to post my name on everything because I don't want other coaches that I might know and coach against misinterpreting my messages as overconfidence or dissecting them to figure out ways to stop me.

I guess I could come up with a different name, but I just don't have the creativity.

As far as your version of the junk defense, it sounds like you have some type of match-up thing going on there. It sounds a little different than your typical swarm stuff, but it does sound pretty sound and tough to beat. Knowing your other work, I am sure it is.

Only thing I can say about that is that if you are going to run something like that at the high school level, you are going to have to put some major time in to teaching that type of match-up, especially since it will be very hard to predict how different teams are going to play against it. If you are going to put that much time in to planning a junk defense, I am already getting a partial advantage by getting you away from what you normally try to do.
Wayne Walters
March 06, 2014 09:06AM
I play match up zone and combination defense so we practice this routinely. If I did this only for you then I would agree. It really requires less exra work than you think if you design it around the match up zoone that you already run and teach players to communicate.

Wayne Walters
Coach40
July 23, 2014 10:18PM
Coach Walters, Could u please send me your sets against triangle and 2? Thank you. Jmanes@omsd.k12.ar
Wayne Walters
July 25, 2014 10:35AM
Information being sent!
Dexter Scott
October 18, 2014 07:24AM
Hello,

We are looking for male and female players for 2014 leagues and the 2014-2015 season. with small to mid sized contracts($1200-$6000/per month)players and resumes are welcomed.

We are interested to hear from any players who are eligible to play in Britain and who can add to the strength of our Men and Women Senior and Under 20 squads.

The British Basketball office will be pleased to assist players and parents with the complexities.Please get back to us We will contact you on receipt,include a valid
email address.

Regards..
Team Manager.sir
dexterscott001@gmail.com
Aris Basketball Club
Mark Potter
December 13, 2014 10:03PM
I know I am late to the party here but could I please see the packet. Faced this for the first time Friday and we struggled. Poor coaching on my part for not having them prepared! Can you help please?
Wayne Walters
December 14, 2014 01:20AM
Where do I send it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

SecurityWorry-Free Shopping
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | [email protected]