View Cart View Cart  |  Wish List  |  Checkout

Brian26
New Coach
November 09, 2010 11:53AM
Hello all, I need help with coaching. My son's basketball B-team is without a coach and I seem to be the only one to volunteer (I know I'm asking for headaches). I know how to play the game but don't have any coaching experience in basketball. I have a good bit of coaching experience with baseball and football at the youth and high school level. My question, is there any books or videos available to help me with practices, teaching fundamentals, offense, and defense for basketball at this level (age 10 to 12)? Any help would greatly appreciate.
Darryl Bennett
Re: New Coach
November 10, 2010 11:07AM
Coach - Good for you for stepping up and for seeking out what you need to make it work!! Here are some ideas - I have just gotten these and am beginning to put into play for my 11 year olds - long way to go, but, I feel like I am having them do purposeful things that will make them better as the season progresses and fun too!!

The Championship Feeder System - Youth Basketball Practice for Grades 1-4 (item# YBD-03632) --- Build skill and confidence into your elementary level ball handlers with six Core Ball Handling Drills
* Correct the four most common mistakes made by beginning shooters
* Teach effective ways to move without the ball that will assist young players in executing any offense

Ray Lokar's Building an Effective Youth Basketball Practice
* All the tools you need to create better youth basketball practices this season
* Come to every practice with a purpose and a plan
* Includes special bonus - downloadable drills, practice structure, fundamentals packet and more

Ray Lokar's Fundamentals Factory for Youth Basketball
* An extensive collection of drills, exercises, life lessons, coaching points, team building tips and more
* Get age appropriate, progression-based skill instruction
* Fresh and innovative concepts that will help improve every practice session
4 hours of instruction - will provide you with a great library to choose what you need.

Coach -Hang in there - you will do fine - the Lokar stuff will really help and the Petitgoue DVD will add some additional excellent input!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

SecurityWorry-Free Shopping
SSL Certificates Payment Processing
About Us | Security & Privacy | Shipping | Help | Contact Us | Site Map | Drake University Distance Learning | Gift Certificates | Request Catalog | Affiliates
1-800-873-2730 | [email protected]